Makes about 12 servings / 1 bowl
· 2 cups. Greek Yogurt or thick pot-set plain yogurt
· 2 medium cucumbers
· 1 tbsp salt
· pinch of salt and ground pepper
· 2 tsp. olive oil
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· juice of ½ a lemon (add more to taste)
· 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
· 2 tsp fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
1. Peel cucumbers and cut in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scrape out and discard seeds. Next grate them and place the gratings in a bowl and toss with the 1 tbsp of salt. Let it rest for about 10 minutes so that the salt draws the water out of the cucumber.
2. Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and then pat dry lightly with a couple of pieces of paper towel to remove any extra liquid.
3. Add the add it to a large bowl and wisk in the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mint, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix together well.
4. Add the to yogurt and mix well. For blini topping, place 1 tsp of the taztziki onto the blini and garnish with an extra slice of cucumber or a sprinkle of oregano.
NB. This can be served immediately; however, it is traditionally served after having chilled well and allowing a few hours for the flavors to blend.