These beauties are hands down the best cookies ever – perfectly chewy on the inside, yet crispy on the outside – they taste like a better version of Millie’s Cookies (if you’re old enough to remember those!), but of course they’re all natural, additive-free and - best of all - use my favourite raw cacao powder: CHOC Chick’s turmeric & ginger blend.
I gifted them to my sister’s boyfriend who went a bit bonkers for them i.e. – “Amelia these cookies are INSANE.” Needless to say, they make a great gift!
· 1/2 cup (112g) CHOC Chick cacao butter (softened)
· 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
· 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 cup (125g) plain flour (can substitute with a gluten-free flour blend)
· 2/3 cup (56g) CHOC Chick turmeric & ginger cacao blend
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1 Tbsp soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
· 3.5 oz (100g) dairy-free dark chocolate chips (or a block of chocolate chopped into small chunks)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
2. Add the cacao butter and sugars to a large mixing bowl and cream together. Add the vanilla and mix well.
3. Sift the flour and cacao blend into a mixing bowl and mix in the baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing well until dough is formed.
5. Add the soymilk or other non-dairy milk (I used almond) and mix into a thick cookie dough.
6. Add the chocolate chunks and mix in. Drop the batter into teaspoon-sized balls onto the baking tray, making sure to space them out well.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be firm but the cookies will still be soft in the middle. Don’t worry – this is exactly right – they will firm up as they cool.