Makes two portions
Quinoa is a serious superfood. Much healthier than rice, it’s extremely filling and can be eaten hot with curries, cold in salads, or stirred in to soups. Quinoa is also gluten-free and contains tons of minerals, vitamins and fiber. It is also one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein – and it tastes delicious!
A handful of mint leaves
1 cup of quinoa
1 vegetable stock cube
2 cups of water
1 cup of peas
1 tsp of tahini
Juice of a 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp of olive oil
½ cup of flaked almonds
1. Measure out a cup of quinoa and exactly twice the amount (2 cups) of water. Pour the water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. When boiling, add in the stock cube and the quinoa and stir well.
2. Cover the saucepan with a lid and reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes – or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
3. Place the peas in another saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Then drain off the water and mix them into the quinoa.
4. When the quinoa has cooled, stir in the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, flaked almonds and mint leaves.
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within 3 days.