Some people are put off by the idea of eating green soup, but peas are another inexpensive yet incredibly nutritious food, so it’s definitely worth giving green a go! This soup can also be easily frozen for up to 3 months and will keep in the fridge for 4 days.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- a handful of fresh coriander (chopped) or 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 6 cups of peas (frozen)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- salt, pepper and chili to taste
1. Heat the olive oil (or coconut oil if you prefer) in a saucepan and add the onion and the celery. Stir until soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Add the garlic and coriander, and then the peas.
3. Add the water and increase the heat until it boils and then add the stock cube.
4. Then reduce heat to simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Leave to cook for about 10 minutes before you use your hand blender or pour the mixture into a blender to whizz, so you don’t burn yourself.
6. Then pour the smooth soup back into the saucepan, and season with the salt, pepper and chili.
You can then divide it into Tupperware and store in the fridge or freezer once completely cooled.