This gorgeous creamy cheesecake is a real showstopper yet it couldn’t be simpler to whip up! Blending CHOC Chick’s cacao butter (which tastes like posh white chocolate) and coconut condensed milk and whipping with a zing of lemon is a revelation – although it’s dense, it’s so light and fluffy to eat and goes down a real treat.
If whomever you make this for isn’t into vegan / plant-based desserts, this will definitely convert them!
(Makes 1 8-inch cheesecake)
For the crust:
· ⅓ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
· 1 ½ cups of almonds
· 75g CHOC Chick organic cacao butter (melted)
For the filling:
· 1 can of Nature’s Charm condensed sweetened coconut milk
· 1 can of Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream
· 1 lemon – juice and zest
1. Pulse the coconut and almonds in a food processor until chunky and crumbly – not flour-like. Next melt the cacao butter in a pan over a low heat and add the crumbled nuts and coconut mix well. Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of a lined spring-form tin or tart tin with a removable base.
2. Place in the refrigerator to set for one hour, or in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
3. Whisk the condensed milk and whipping cream together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the juice and rind of the lemons to the cream mix and whisk until all the lemon juice is incorporated. The mixture will immediately thicken when the lemon juice is added.
5. Pour this cream mixture over the crunchy base and leave in the fridge until set - an hour is usually enough.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the cake tin once set and garnish with fresh strawberries or raspberries, or simply some extra lemon zest and coconut chips. Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.