This recipe is my Mum's, and is my sister's favourite. :)
Every time I smell lemon zest it takes me back to my Mum making this wondrous cheesecake - enjoy!
(Makes 1 8-inch cheesecake)
· 1 can of condensed milk
· 1 x 600ml fresh double cream
· 3 large unwaxed lemons
· 1 small packet ginger biscuits
· 50g Butter (melted)
· 1 tbsp caster sugar
1. Crush the ginger biscuits to crumbs and add the butter and sugar until all melted together. Remove from the heat and press into the bottom of a lined spring-form tin or tart tin with a removable base.
2. Place in the refrigerator to set for one hour, or in the freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
3. Whisk the condensed milk and cream together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the juice and rind of the 3 lemons to the cream mix and whisk until all the lemon juice is incorporated. The mixture will immediately thicken when the lemon juice is added. (Be careful not to over whisk or the mixture will start to separate.)
5. Pour this cream mixture over the biscuit base and leave in the fridge until set. An hour is usually enough to set the cheesecake.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the cake tin once set and garnish with mint leaves, sugared grapes, fresh strawberries or raspberries, or just some extra lemon zest.