Baked sweet potatoes are incredibly nutritious and can be made into a deliciously versatile supper for one or for two. They contain tons of vitamins and minerals - magnesium in particular, which helps fight stress.
I love to experiment with different toppings - my current favourite is homemade hummus and fresh avocado topped with a fried egg and sprinkle of chili and ground paprika. All you need is an oven dish and a whole sweet potato and you're all set!
2 medium sweet potatoes
- Mashed avocado (half on each potato)
- 2 tsp of homemade hummus
- a fried egg and steamed spinach
- a tsp of sunflower seeds
- fresh tomatoes and feta cheese
- fried red onions
- 1 tin of tuna (drained and divided between the two potatoes) and a handful of fresh basil
- seasoning of chili flakes, freshly ground black pepper, a tsp of cumin or paprika (or both!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 Celsius.
- Place the whole sweet potatoes in a baking tray and prick them a few times all over with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the oven for around 40 minutes until soft.
- Slice in half lengthways and cover in some delicious topping(s).