Egg & Spinach Muffins
A fantastic protein-packed snack, these ‘muffins’ are incredibly easy, healthy and delicious! They last for up to a week in the fridge, so don’t worry about making 12 if you are cooking for one. If you'd rather make 6, then just halve the amount of eggs, onions, garlic and spinach, but keep the same amount of seasoning. You could also jazz these up by adding chopped bacon (make sure it's cooked before you add it to the mixture) or chorizo or even tuna.
1 1/2 cups or two large handfuls of spinach
½ cup sundried tomatoes (optional)
1 tsp dried oregano
2 red onions (finely chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/ 350F.
2. Grease a muffin tin with a little coconut oil or butter if you prefer (this is very important as it will stop the muffins sticking so you’ll be able to remove them easily.
3. Divide the red onions, garlic and sundried tomatoes (if using them) equally across the muffin tin.
4. Beat the eggs, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl and then spoon the mixture evenly on top of the red onions and garlic across the tin so you have equal amounts in each.
5. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes when the muffins start to go golden brown on top.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool in the tin for about 5 minutes before tasting J