This 'bread' is oh so simple, delicious and super nutritious, and also so filling! Enjoy with a cup of afternoon tea, or treat yourself to a slice for breakfast
– 1/2 cup coconut flour (i.e. finely ground desiccated coconut)
– 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 4 medium-sized eggs
– 3 tbsp agave nectar (can also use raw maple syrup)
– 1 medium zucchini (shredded finely)
– 1 medium-sized ripe banana (mashed)
– 1 tbsp raw coconut oil
– 1/2 cup raw cashews (feel free to adapt and add whatever nuts you have at home)
1. Preheat the over to 180c/350F and grease a loaf tin with some of your coconut oil.
2. Place the dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking powders, salt, cinnamon) in one bowl.
3. In another bowl (larger that the dry ingredients one) beat the eggs with the mashed banana, agave nectar and coconut oil.
4. Add the shredded zucchini to the egg mixture. I just grate my zucchini with a standard grater into a bowl – but you MUST make sure you squeeze as much of the water out of it as possible, otherwise the bread will be too wet.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl of zucchini-egg mixture, also add the cashews and combine well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
6. Pour the batter into the coconut oil-greased loaf tin and then place in the oven for 40 minutes – or until a knife comes out clean. Then let it cool before dusting it with some more coconut flour, slicing it up and enjoying it with some tea.