Coconut Yogurt Cupcakes
I adore all things coconut, and eat so much coconut yogurt I just had to figure out how I could incorporate it into my baking :)
Dark chocolate and coconut makes a winning combo, and these cupcakes are my new favourite fix; gorgeously rich, they are made with coconut yogurt and desiccated coconut, which gives them a deliciously moist yet fluffy texture.
Fabulously frosted with COYO’s chocolate flavoured coconut yogurt, they are free from gluten, dairy and refined sugars, and can also easily be made Vegan. Simple to whip up, they make a perfectly healthy treat to suit any occasion.
100g dark chocolate (at least 85%)
100g coconut oil
2 eggs (could swap for flax-eggs if Vegan)
120g coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
25g coconut flour
25g dessicated coconut
50g cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
2 x 125g COYO chocolate coconut yogurt
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake tin with paper cases.
2. Melt the coconut oil and chocolate together on very low heat in a heat-proof bowl over boiling water (or in a microwave if easier).
3. In another larger bowl, beat the eggs into the coconut sugar, and add the vanilla.
4. Measure out the flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and cacao powder in another bowl.
5. When the chocolate & coconut oil has melted, let it cool a little bit before beating in the eggs and sugar, and 1 tbsp of the coconut yogurt. Then, bit by bit (a tbsp. at a time) stir in the dry ingredients.
6. The mixture should be quite runny so as you spoon the batter into the cupcake cases, pause between 3 cupcakes and give it a good stir in the bowl so that it’s even. You will need to work quite quickly to make sure the coconut oil doesn’t solidify.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes (checking after 20).
8. Once cooled, simply pipe on the remaining chocolate coconut yogurt and sprinkle with dried coconut or cacao nibs – and enjoy!
NB. You could also use COYO’s Salted Caramel or Vanilla flavours for the frosting – delicious!