- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (preferably raw cacao if available)
- 1½ cups (120g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or runny honey
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly (I used 90% cacao solids)
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60g) homemade coconut butter (or store-bought), melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the mixing bowl, cocoa powder, unsweetened shredded coconut, and salt. In a separate bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the maple syrup, melted chocolate, melted coconut butter, and vanilla extract. Pour over the shredded coconut mixture and stir until completely combined.
3. Using a spoon, scatter on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes until crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before enjoying with milk, yogurt or just on its own as a cheeky snack.
NB. This will keep well in an airtight container for just over a week.