Makes about 30
· 1 cup of buckwheat flour
· a pinch of salt
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 large free-range egg
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk
· ½ tsp oregano
1. Place the flour, organo and a pinch of sea salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, crack in the egg and add 1 tablespoon of oil, then beat this into the flour.
2. Gradually whisk in the milk until your batter is smooth.
3. Next put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 small piece of butter or 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
4. Once hot, add 1 tablespoons of batter at a time to the pan to make your blini. Cook for 1 minute on each side, flipping over when they turn golden on the bottom and get little bubbles on top. The first batch always helps you figure out your temperature control, so adjust it up or down if needed.
5. Transfer the cooked blini to a plate, and continue with the remaining batter until you’ve used it all.
6. Set aside to cool and then top with your favourite toppings.