Makes about 15 cookies
These scrummy snacks are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up as they have the perfect amount of sweetness to satisfy your cravings, yet they only have 5 ingredients, take 15 minutes to make and are extremely good for you – being gluten, dairy, sugar-free and also vegan.
Ground almonds can be expensive to buy so I usually either buy them in bulk from Amazon, or buy whole almonds from cheaper supermarkets and then whizz them in a blender until they almost resemble flour. Desiccated coconut is very cheap though – you can get a big bag in Holland and Barrett for around £2. Likewise, if you can’t get hold of almond butter, a good palm-oil free peanut butter will work just as well.
½ cup of ground almonds
½ cup of desiccated coconut
½ cup of almond butter
¼ cup of maple syrup / honey
½ tsp of baking soda
pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C / 350°F.
2. In a bowl (or a blender) combine all the dry ingredients.
3. Then add the nut butter and maple syrup or honey and combine until you get a dough-like mix.
4. Get a baking sheet – lined with baking paper if it’s a non-stick one – and spoon the mixture into about 15 cookies, rolling them into a ball and then flattening them a little with your fingers on the tray.
5. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes or more if you prefer them more crumbly.
6. Remove from the oven and after they have cooled on the tray – enjoy! :)